Plant Operative (Weighbridge)
At FCC Environment we’re looking to recruit an experienced Plant Operative (Weighbridge) to join our team at our High Heavens Transfer Station in Buckinghamshire.
Option 1: Wednesday – Friday (DAY) Saturday AM, Sunday AM (Sunday hours at double time)
Option 2: Mon, Thu, Fri (DAY) Saturday AM, Sunday AM (Sunday hours at double time)
There is a requirement to work some full day Saturdays during the year to provide the council service and also to support the site by working overtime when needed.
Your role as our Plant Operative (Weighbridge) :
You will be responsible for ensuring all weekend working vehicles carrying waste or recyclables are weighed upon entering and exiting the facility in accordance with our group policies and in compliance with all statutory regulations. During the week you will support the site with general maintenance, weighbridge cover and mobile plant work where required.
Your key responsibilities are:
• Operating the weighbridge systems in accordance with the Duty of Care regulations, waste management permit and Group policies & procedures, and maintain reliable, adequate and accurate records thereof
• Being aware of and conversant with, the relevant details of the waste management permit, integrated management system, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health & safety and environmental documents as directed by the site management
• Ensuring that equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed
• Being polite and courteous to customers at all times and assisting where required
• Providing a prompt & efficient service to haulage sub-contractors and to assist them wherever safe, practical and necessary
So, who are we looking to be our Plant Operative (Weighbridge)?
We’re looking for an honest, hardworking individual who is confident using their own initiative. You should be responsible, reliable and friendly with a professional approach to customer service as well as possessing excellent time keeping skills. You should also have:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Mobile plant experience (loading shovel / telehandler) is desirable
• IT skills – to include MS Office packages
• Excellent mathematical skills
About FCC Environment:
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future. We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees and we recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services; municipal services, business waste solutions, recycling, green energy and waste processing.
If you wish to be considered for our Plant Operative (Weighbridge) role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.