ASSOCIATE - CIVIL ENGINEERING
ASSOCIATE - CIVIL ENGINEERING
REF: RLL 16-016
Rodgers Leask delivers major civil engineering and building projects and takes pride in providing high quality, innovative solutions.
Our highly qualified team of civil, structural, traffic and transportation and geo-environmental engineers achieve excellent service levels by drawing on years of experience in addressing the most complex technical issues.
We have a hard-earned reputation for providing cost effective, practical, buildable solutions, whilst developing close working relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
We are looking to recruit an Associate to work within our busy Civil Engineering department based at our office in Longbridge, Birmingham. The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate excellent project management, technical and leadership skills.
You will be responsible for managing the Civil Engineering department at the Longbridge office, client liaison, managing projects, preparing detailed design of highway and drainage infrastructure, conducting feasibility studies and undertaking engineering reporting.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the capability of building a strong effective team, and the ability to mentor junior members as part of their continuing professional development. This role would suit someone currently working at Associate level looking for a new challenge or a Senior Engineer looking for a career progression opportunity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage a team of engineers and technicians.
- Client liaison to develop key relationships and win work.
- Project management from initial enquiry to completion.
- Providing support for Clients from concept, through design to construction including attendance at meetings.
- Undertaking design work.
- Mentoring of junior members of staff.
- Attend recommended training courses to assist with personal development as required by the company.
- Comply with company Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or similar with at least 5 years experience. The ideal candidate will be have an MEng in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, WinDes and Civils 3D
- Experience of designing S38 / S104 / S278 schemes
- Client and local authority / water company liaison experience
- Varied project experience i.e. commercial (retail, leisure, mixed-use, etc.) industrial and residential but with a solid background in design of residential schemes.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent numeracy skills with ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of data analysis
- Experience of earthwork design, designing SUDS schemes
- Experience of leading a team of team of engineers, with a willingness to train junior staff members.
- Committed to own and others personal development.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company car/car allowance
- 23 days holiday, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 28 days
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Company pension scheme with employer contribution of 4.5%
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Employee wellbeing and assistance website
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think you may have what we are looking for then send us your CV including your full contact details, postal address and covering letter to:
Rodgers Leask Environmental Ltd
St James House
St Mary’s Wharf
Derby DE1 3TQ