SQL Database Administrator
We are an Enterprising business optimisation company looking for enterprising people to join our expanding team. We are based in Bristol and we are looking for experienced SQL Database Administrator with technical expertise who, after induction at our head office will travel to deliver services on-site at our clients office. The successful applicant's initial work will however be based out of our head office in Bristol so travelling will not be immediately required, however you must have the flexibility to travel when necessary to clients sites which can be located anywhere within the UK.
This role is responsible for the management and effective day to day running of the SQL Server database environments. This includes ensuring the effective set-up, configuration, migration and upgrading of databases and platforms. This will include preparation for new or changed services, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, and migration projects and services in relation to their contribution to business performance.
Applicants must have proven experience record showing that they have had the ability to plan and manager the delivery of projects on time and most importantly on budget. You would be expected to engage with stakeholders and our clients, manage expectations, establish project governance and assume full control of the project until completition.
The experience level and subject mastery we seek is typically accrued only after at least 5 years experience in a graduate of post graduate level role. However exceptional candidates with a little less experience should apply with details of why we would benefit from making an exception.
Prior experience in Business Optimisation is an advantage but is not essential.
Experience should include:
• SQL Server database administration including backup/recovery, high availability (failover clustering, availability groups), disaster recovery (log shipping, database mirroring), security and optimisation.
• Production experience with SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 (exposure to 2016 would be useful).
• Maintenance of Business-Critical systems.
• Experience supporting ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services
• Experience in migrating SharePoint Farm and Configuring the necessary required components
• Experience in migrating the DTS packages to SSIS Packages
• Experience in configuring new standalone/clustered nodes if required
• Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL scripts and a working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
• Use of Systems Centre Operations Manager (or similar) for monitoring and alerting
• Experience of working within a virtualised environment, including virtualised SQL servers
• Experience of maintaining and troubleshooting Windows server operating systems
We offer not only a solid salary but also a performance related bonus potential.
Salary GBP 33,000 per annum. 37.5 hrs p/w.
Posting Date 21.11.2016. Closing Date 19.12.2016
For an application form please apply quoting reference B7-SQL-001-12 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be certain of consideration please apply before the 19th December 2016.