Transport Planner / Distribution Controller - Logistics
Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 2nd December 2016
The company is a global logistics and supply chain company that aims to create a competitive advantage for their customers through a greater choice of products and services, a determined focus on how they can add value and increase efficiency and industry leading standards of SHEQ.
- Matching customer orders and requirements to available suitable resources.
- Assigns resources to drivers and instructs drivers accordingly.
- Prepares schedules indicating times of arrival and departure of vehicles.
- Order entry.
- Driver debrief.
- Regularly update in-house computer systems.
- Communicates / Interacts on a regular basis with drivers, contract managers, other internal departments and Sub Contractors.
- Prepares and adheres to weekly list of vehicles and tankers for Service / MOT as per Company schedule and Defect procedure.
- Monitors and complies with Working Time Directive and drivers hours rules & regulations.
- Notify customers and process additional cost claims as per the depot procedure.
- Provides cover for other members of the transport office team.
The successful candidate will have significant traffic office experience preferably gained within the logistics sector. Previous experience of dealing with the transportation of bulk liquids would be beneficial.
- Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a relationship builder and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous in their approach.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Good team player.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Experience of Microsoft Office would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of operations.
- Learns quickly, able to develop a good knowledge of the organisation and its people
- A CPC qualification would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate will be of a good standard of education with a strong working knowledge of software packages. You will have exceptional planning and prioritising skills and ideally coming from a busy traffic office background.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Logistics Manager, Distribution Controller, Fleet Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Fleet Supervisor, Business Graduate, Transport Supervisor, Logistics coordinator, Transportation Manager, Freight Manager, Chemistry Degree, Transport Planner, Supply Chain Controller, Cargo Manager, Transport Coordinator, Chemical Engineering Graduate, Shipment and Logistics Manager, Distribution Coordinator, Transport Operations Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.