Who are we
Founded in 1992 and with over 700 staff, Galliard is a property development, hospitality and management group overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London and southern England with a £3.9 billion portfolio of over 6,500 homes, hotels, retail premises and commercial properties.
With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London’s leading property developers.
Due to growth we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author, you will be responsible for producing presentation documentation required for both internal and external purposes on behalf of the company. Working in close partnership with the construction division, this role will support Contracts Managers in their delivery of technical reports for construction projects including scheme proposal information and bid material.
The role will also support other corporate functions such as the HR team in the publication of information such as corporate responsibility reports, press and magazine articles and other corporate PR material. Responsibilities will include;
- To produce monthly technical reports related to current and future projects
- Work with Contracts Manager, Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers to collate pertinent information regarding projects.
- Develop templates and guidelines for use across the company
- Produce high quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Promote and foster a strong team culture of openness and transparent communication throughout the business
- Responsible for preparing presentations for external audiences
- To collaborate where necessary with Digital Marketing and/or external agencies with regards to the external website.
The successful candidate must be able to exhibit the following in their career to date;
- Significant experience in a similar role (Technical Author, Creative lead, Internal Communications, Bid Team, PR environment)
- Exposure or knowledge of mixed use and residential developments is highly preferred although not essential.
- Must have an understanding of construction terminology and development pipeline
- Must have experience of working in a large organisation
- Experience of print and digital media
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Should be able to work within a fast paced environment and be able to meet deadlines
In return we offer the following;
- Competitive salary
- 24 days’ holiday
- Private pension
- Private healthcare scheme
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for Technical Author
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly