Head of Finance
Slimming World is the leading slimming organisation in the UK and Ireland.
Our success is built on a deep understanding of the psychological, emotional and practical needs of slimmers, a passionate desire to help them lose weight, and a highly developed caring, performance-orientated culture. This approach has taken the brand to a clear leadership position and we now support over 900,000 members led by a network of 4,500 self-employed Consultants across 16,000 locally run weekly groups.
We're looking to further strengthen our senior leadership team with a newly created Head of Finance role. Working closely with the Director of Finance, you'll evolve and shape the role through developing your knowledge of the business and its core operations in order to work in the best interests of the company, its Head Office and Field teams, Consultants and members. You'll also be instrumental in developing and implementing financial strategies relating to tax compliance, fiscal structuring and investment decisions to support the next phase of the Company's global growth and development plans, in line with our founder's vision.
We'd love to hear from you if you're a strategic operator, ready for a new challenge within a dynamic and progressive organisation.
You'll have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong inclusive leadership style and a sense of fun. As a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) you'll also have robust experience of managing a Finance Team to achieve timely and accurate results.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing inspirational leadership to motivate, manage and develop the Finance and Management Accounting teams
- Overseeing the delivery of an effective, forward-thinking, accurate and timely financial management, financial governance and management accountancy service
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and internal networking across all areas of the business
- Carrying out business reviews and financial analysis which provides insightful data to inform future strategy and business/operational decisions.
- Accountability for all activity connected to statutory reporting, compliance and the production of annual accounts
Ideally you'll have a commercially-focused financial accountancy background with a varied experience of industry and /or service sectors.
You'll be fully versed with HMRC compliance and relevant HMRC/Payroll systems.
Please apply by sending your full CV and a covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period. Your letter should state why you personally feel your management experience and personal qualities would be an ideal fit with Slimming World's culture, ethos and values.
Please visit our careers website to apply by clicking on the apply button.
Closing Date: 30 November 2016