Trainee Project Manager - Mechanical/Electrical
Graduate/Trainee Electrical/Mechanical Project Manager -South Coast - Permanent
An established electrical services company are actively looking for a Graduate/Trainee Project manager based in their Littlehampton office. The company has grown steadily over the last 5 years and is now looking to expand further.
As the Trainee Project manager you will work alongside the management team assisting in preparing estimates and managing projects to develop your skills and knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team, and learn the concepts and procedures of Project management. The position is open to any ambitious technician/tradesman with a formal qualification and is also open to candidates who are currently studying for an Electrical Engineering or Building Services Degree.
As the Trainee you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Assist the Management team to ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard.
· Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from suppliers.
· Liaising with other members of the Management team and assisting where necessary.
· Learning the process of compiling and reviewing tenders and resolving any issues that have been identified.
· Learning the concepts and procedures of estimating.
· Inputting data into a spreadsheet recording the quotations.
· Liaising with technical representatives on products/plant.
· Sending and receiving enquiries for quotations on projects.
· As your role progresses and become more confident you will develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors and clients to establish communication paths in order to clarify design assumptions during the tender process and establish any other business opportunities
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Electrically or mechanically qualified, with associated qualifications (or currently studying)
· Confidence in negotiating.
· Confident communicator.
· Keen to learn new skills.
· Adapt to a small company environment.
· Have a good grasp of mathematics.
· Be computer literate (MS Office Suite and using a database).
· Good telephone manner.
· Smart in appearance as customer site visits may be required from project to project
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role please contact Richard Kelly 07717711575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Trainee Project Manager - Mechanical/Electrical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly