Execution Trader - EU
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing HFT trading support and control and executing projects relating to HFT including:
- Ensure accurate trade capture/trade management in our trading systems.
- Monitor trading alerts related to data mining and execution patterns.
- Manually execute futures trades.
- Act as liaison between trading and operations to ensure near real-time trade check-out.
- Act as liaison between trading and BUC to confirm and resolve P&L and ensure accuracy.
- Monitor flows of trades from electronic trading platforms.
- Monitor risk and reconcile with EOD Risk.
- Work with the Trading Desk, Quantitative Research, Finance, Operations, and Technology on ad hoc projects related to the growth and build-out of our business capabilities (expansion of the product slate, business process enhancements/automation, trading docs, new business initiatives).
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from a recognised leading institution, courses must involve maths, science or computer science, grade/GPA must be in the top bracket. In addition, will have ideally have also studied Economics (minor).
- Significant and relevant experience working on an electronic trading desk, and appropriate number of years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience of training, developing and leading a team, or being a desk head desirable.
- Ideally have experience of working at both large and smaller financial institutions/groups.
- Deep and demonstrable experience of financial markets and various assets including equities, futures and FX.
- Understanding of electronic trading and execution.
- Direct experience of market micro-structure trading.
- Exposure to risk management and trading.
- Strong understanding (ability to use on a daily basis) of industry relevant programming languages such as Python, Matlab, VBA. And at least basic knowledge/previous use of C++.
- Must have a collaborative spirit/character, and proven ability communicate within the team and with other functions. Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organisational skill and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person needs to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, he/she will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.
Closing date: 16 December 2016