IT Support Specialist / Senior IT Support Specialist
Job Title: IT Specialist / Senior IT Specialist
Location: Central London
Salary: £19,000 - £26,000 pa depending of the Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Start date: Immediate
Our Client is currently looking for an IT Support Specialist / Senior IT Specialist providing a high level of technical support. This is a technical role requiring proven support experience using Windows Server 2008, 2012.The role is mostly hands on IT, however it will periodically involve projects in all parts of the business.
IT Support Specialist / Senior IT Specialist will be responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of our clients' technology. This includes daily support incidents, desktop and server troubleshooting, business continuity planning and execution, hardware/software installation and upgrades, new infrastructure build outs and relocations. IT Support Specialist / Senior IT Specialist interface with high profile clients on a day to day basis thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Provide superior service to the Group customers.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships and interaction with Management and Clients.
- Regular communications with customers and ensure they are satisfied with IT service levels.
- Develop both the technical and customer service skills of all members of the team.
- Assist the support team with daily activities (i.e. part of team, hands-on involvement, technical guidance and leadership).
- Responsible for IT Helpdesk Team and Helpdesk Operations
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams of office infrastructure, underlying services and systems.
- Periodically review appropriateness of technologies used, provide recommendations and drive the implementation of improvements.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Significant experience in a similar Corporate IT Support role.
- Extensive overall IT experience,
- MCSE qualification and/or related degrees.
- Skilled in hardware performance monitoring, analysis and capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Active Directory topologies and Exchange 2010/2013 systems.
- Networking fundaments and monitoring tools (SNMP and WMI monitoring).
- Network and application security. Threat management gateway, Email scanning technologies.
- Experience with implementing new processes and following through with required disciplines
- Excellent collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service ethics and sense of urgency
- Demonstrates and acts as a role model for the Group values and behaviours.
- Quick turnaround on instructions or requests from senior management.
- Ability to perform well in team environments.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in pressure situations to allow constructive guidance to the team and also communicate effectively to stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate projects within tight deadlines. General understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Willingness to learn, explore new ideas and innovate.
- Excellent attention to detail. A proactive, flexible and adaptable approach.
- Ability to work outside of standard working hours and weekends as and when required.
- 2008/ 2012 Server; Advance level of exposure, including permissions & good level of understanding of Active Directory
- Deploying networks and Routers, DSL, firewalls, hardware and software VPN. Site to site VPN
- Email and Spam troubleshooting- Building Servers and Workstations
- Data Backup and Disaster Recovery with Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis, Disk Image,wmware,Nas Servers. Disaster Recovery.
- Knowledge of the SAGE,CRM,ERP software system would be an advantage
- Understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS
- Advance Knowledge of Mac Operation Systems, Windows XP/7/8,Windows SQL Server, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Advance Knowledge of Desktop & Server virtualization.Hyper-V,WMware etc
- Exchange 2010/2013,Office 2010.2013,365 Hosted Exchange Platform, IPAD,IPHONE, Blackberry.
- Advance Knowledge of Routing, Switching, Firewalls and VLAN`s
- Advance Knowledge of ITIL and Helpdesk Systems.
To send your CV for this role please click the APPLY button.
Candidates with experience of; IT Specialist, Senior IT Support Specialist, IT Support, IT Helpdesk Support, 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 2nd Line IT Support, Support Engineer, IT Desktop Support, IT Technician, Senior Technician, Windows XP/7/8, MS Office, Windows Server will also be considered for this role.