Process Technologist – Food Manufacturing
Are you an experienced production or manufacturing professional, looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
As the largest independent manufacturer of private label cupcakes in the UK, we have the capability to produce a wide range of bakery products to suit any taste whilst also looking after our locals, with our 25,000 square foot bakery employing around 250 staff – making us one of the biggest employers in the area.
In recent years we have experienced sustained growth, allowing us to invest back into our company. With a dash of ambition and a sprinkle of pride we will endeavour to always grow, develop and improve.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Process Technologist to join the team based at our production site in Bala, North Wales.
Process Technologist responsibilities:
In the position, you will be working to develop and improve our ways of working and upscaling new products into industrial production. You will run production trials to identify the most efficient production method without affecting the quality and safety of our product alongside managing multiple new product projects at any one time. You will also be responsible for:
- Assisting NPD product teams with their creations, with trialling and processing of new products.
- Using trends to create new ideas and introduce new ingredients and technologies to the business.
- Working with relevant machinery suppliers and packaging suppliers to ensure The Cake Crew is always up to date with the latest ingredient and packaging launches.
- Assisting with special projects
- Addressing issues proactively and responds to routine issues with minimal direction.
- Assisting in the renovation process of existing products when introducing upgrades in quality, cost of production and presentation where appropriate.
- Organising and running trials and lead production staff where appropriate.
- Introducing new ideas and technologies for process to the business.
- Assisting in customer presentations, conference calls, audits, visits, etc. where required.
- Ensuring all work undertaken complies with the relevant legal and customer requirements.
The ideal Process Technologist:
In order to be successful for this role, you will be degree educated or have equivalent experience in food science or a related discipline alongside good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others and inspire change. You will also have proven knowledge of factory and product processes. You will also need:
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- PC Skills – excel, word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working with products from the food industry an advantage
- HACCP, Food Hygiene and Internal Auditor qualifications desirable
As our Process Technologist, you can expect to receive a range of benefits including:
- A highly competitive salary of £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
- 20 days’ holiday plus recognised bank and public holidays
- Standard People’s Pension contributions
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Process Technologist then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.