Health and Safety / Training Officer
Job title: Health and Safety / Training Officer
Location: Team Valley, Gateshead
Benefits: Paid for 40 hours but only work 35 hours as all breaks are paid, 25 days holiday plus statutory
Established in 2012, our client is the UK's fastest growing savoury snack manufacturer, supplying major UK retailers including Marks and Spencer's. Leading the way in Innovation through their award winning brand and continued investment our client are going through a significant period of growth. Right now, our client are recruiting a Health and Safety / Training Officer to join their successful team
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and fast growing company. The company are looking for candidates with energy, drive and a positive attitude to developing themselves and growing within the business.
The Health & Safety / Training Officer will be responsible for overseeing all Health and Safety requirements which includes updating and maintaining all health and safety procedures, overseeing RAMS and keeping all related documentation up to date.
As a Training Officer you will be required to manage training policies, working with department heads to coordinate training for all staff and writing, implementing and reviewing all the standard operating procedures across both Training and Health & Safety.
Health and Safety
- Work to create a positive Health & Safety culture at all levels throughout the organisation via a current and visible Health and Safety plan
- Implement and maintain up to date Health and Safety procedures ensuring the Company conforms to all Health and Safety legal requirements
- Support with conducting effective risk assessments and method statements
- Support with incident investigation and recording
- Updating H and S and training systems and processes
- Management of the Training policy ensuring a consistent approach
- Coordinate training for all staff liaising with the relevant departments and maintaining the training matrix and associated record
- Implementing training reviews and assessments
- Facilitating internal staff training
- Writing, implementing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures to assist with the above
- Any other duties as requested by the Technical Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
What the company will offer:
To apply for the position of Health & Safety / Training Officer please select the apply button and attach a copy of your most up to date CV.