Health & Safety Advisor
Here at Advanced Supply Chain we have an opportunity for an Health & Safety Advisor to join our team based in Bradford. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from 6 UK locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
We therefore seek an Health & Safety Advisor who has the ability to produce written reports in a clear and concise manner and to write and review policies and procedures. The candidate must have the ability to influence key stakeholders within a large complex organisational structure and to provide encouragement and constructive support to managers and staff at all levels.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities of an Health & Safety Advisor include:
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture and to install a Zero Harm framework across the site
- Ensuring that effective risk assessment processes are in place for all the site's activities, including general risk assessments, COSHH, Manual Handling, Noise, DSE, and other statutory requirements
- Investigate accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and ensuring the implementation of effective corrective action
- Responsible for the maintenance and compliance of Health Safety & Environment systems and procedures throughout the site
- Manage the EHS Audit process and provide purposeful feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for input on training plans working closely with training departments regarding all EHS training, MHE training and of Standard Operating Procedures (inc incorporation of SSWs)
- To ensure training targets and actions are achieved at all times
- Maintain appropriate documents and records to demonstrate compliance with all statutory requirements
- Undertake any other duties which may be required to assist the needs of the business as directed by management
To become our Health & Safety Advisor you must have the following skills and experience:
- Two years prior experience of working in Health & Safety
- IOSH certified (or equivalent)
- Practical knowledge of Risk Assessments/SSOW
- IT Skills including Microsoft, Excel, Word and preferably PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to engage staff whilst upholding policies
- Good problem solver – pragmatic approach and hands on when necessary
- Pro-active with excellent organisational ability
- Ability to identify root causes and resource permanent solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible approach to achieving deadlines
- Approachable manner and Leadership skills
- NEBOSH Certificate (or working towards)
- Knowledge of Warehouse/logistics processes
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Health & Safety Advisor please click ‘apply’ today.
Apply for Health & Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly