Quality Engineer / QA Engineer / Quality Assurance - Aerospace
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: £10.10 - £14.14 / hour dependent on experience
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.00am to 3.00pm
Our client has an exciting new opportunity within a long established manufacturing organisation, using a variety of Machining and Fabrication processes to manufacture their products from their modern purpose built facility located in Sutton-in-Ashfield.
The company supply components into the civil and military Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging.
A requirement has now arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the Company.
The candidate shall be time served and have machining or fabrication background within the Aerospace industry, along with the following requirements:
- Nadcap special process experience
- Experience of working with AS9100 requirements
- Use of quality tools and techniques such as 5 Why, 8D, PPAP, FMEA
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Confident undergoing customer Audits
- Conducting Route Cause Investigations and handling Customer Non-Conformances
- Previous Internal and External auditing experience to AS9100 level
- Able to mentor and provide guidance to colleagues
- Develop continuous improvement projects using lean toolbox techniques
- Producing and reviewing Company Operating Procedures
- Preferably a degree / HNC in engineering or experience in a Quality Engineers role is essential.
- Appreciation of standard measuring systems and methodologies
- Experienced use of problem solving techniques
- Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
- Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Good IT and systems skills
- Customer facing and excellent communication skills
- Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Quality Engineer, Technical Support Executive, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Assurance Overseer, Test Engineer, Product Development Engineer will also be considered for this role.