PERMANENT – FULL TIME
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.7 million visitors an inspirational day out. We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Catering Supervisor to join our Catering team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory experience within a fast paced, food service environment
- Experience managing a large team
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of managing rota’s to meet business needs
- Experience of cash handling, including cashing up
- A good working knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations
- A good level of computer literacy and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
To be successful in this role, you will show pride in your work and have the drive and commitment to lead and inspire a large team and will be expected to deliver financial targets through training and developing your team to deliver World Class service and hygiene standards. Our catering outlets are very busy therefore it is important that you have worked in a fast paced environment and thrive working under pressure.
Hours will be 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 set on a rota basis including weekends and Bank Holidays. The salary for this role is £21,866.96 and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits including:
- a fantastic working environment working with colleagues passionate about the zoo
- a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with high contribution levels paid by the employer
- healthcare cash plan including dental, optical and physio
- excellent company sick pay arrangements available after 12 months service
- life cover is valued at 4 times annual salary and covers death in service
- Income Protection Insurance protects 50% of your salary due to long term illness or injury
- staff pass which provides unlimited free access into the zoo
- 25 paid holidays and additional bank holidays (pro rata to hours)
- 20 free admittance tickets per year for family/friends which equates to £480
- staff discount from restaurants and retail shops plus a subsidised staff canteen
- access to West Cheshire Credit Union
- child care vouchers
- salary sacrifice cycle scheme
- free car parking
To apply for this position please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You’ll then be required to provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our Catering Supervisor role.
Closing date for applications is 16th December 2016.
This Catering Supervisor vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.