CMM Operator / CMM Programmer / Quality Inspector
Job Title: CMM Operator
Salary: £10.10 - £15.00 per hour, dependent on experience
Position: 39 Hours Per Week - able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days
The primary function of this position is to operate the company's CNC CMM machines as well as manual inspection equipment in order to validate the conformity of manufactured parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary job duties and responsibilities are:
- To run programs on the CMM in order to verify components.
- Create short programs for small parts of low complexity.
- Ensure calibration of the machines is carried out in the correct manner.
- To carry out first off inspection for components that require going through the CMM.
- General Inspection
- Inspection with alternative means may be required when features cannot be checked on the CMM.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job are:
- Good knowledge of datum structures, key characteristics and G,D&T.
- Must have a Can-Do attitude.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to read and understand close tolerance drawings.
- The job requires a person to work within the inspection department.
- The candidate will be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required.
- The candidate will be required to work on a shift rotation pattern working days and nights.
- Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
- Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
- Night shift allowance payable of £25.00 per night, maximum of 4 nights per week
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: CMM Operator, CMM Programmer, Quality Inspector, Programmer, CNC, Operator, AS9100 / EASA Part 21, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Machine Operative, Fanuc Controls will also be considered for this role.
Apply for CMM Operator / CMM Programmer / Quality Inspector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly