Corporate Procurement and Contract Manager
CORPORATE PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT MANAGER 37 hours per week
£36,019 – £40,619 per annum Grade 6
Based in Calcot, Reading
You will be the key point of contact for senior managers for all procurement, contract management and supplier related issues with responsibility for providing relevant compliant and pragmatic advice in accordance with Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) Contract Regulations, UK and relevant EU Legislation and central government guidelines and best practice.
The key focus of this role is:
To actively focus on ensuring RBFRS achieve value for money through its procurement activities and management of contracts and to work with other Fire and Rescue Services (FRS) on a collaborative basis to lead in the delivery of transparent, compliant, value for money procurement projects.
Act as ambassador for the service both internally and externally providing expert advice on procurement and contract matters and to deputise on procurement matters for the Head of Finance and Procurement Service at programme boards, Corporate Management Team (CMT) and Fire Authority committees as required.
Represent the FRS at Regional and National FRS meetings and wider collaborative meetings as required.
Key role requirements include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Procurement legislation including EU Legislation
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fire Authority Contract Regulations.
- Good understanding of delivering value for money within a commercial framework
- Experience of using contract management tools to deliver ongoing supplier improvements
- A track record of leading, managing, delivering and improving third party spend through effective Contract Management and a commercial approach to procurement
- Experience of managing and advising of key contract management issues, negotiating contract terms, resolving conflict effectively.
- Experience of project management and UK Contract Regulations
- Evidence of continual professional development and an ongoing commitment to learning and skills development of self and team.
- Experience of managing a team of procurement professionals.
- Experience of designing procurements within the constraints of the legislation that achieves the most advantageous supply arrangement at the lowest risk.
- Experience of managing complex procurements and delivering benefits (efficiency savings and other performance benefits).
Qualifications required are:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
In return RBFRS offers flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance, generous holiday allowance and personal benefits, including childcare vouchers, onsite gym facilities and an excellent pension scheme.
Interview date is Wednesday 14 December 2016.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
View the original job article on Hiredonline