CNC Machinist / Manual Machinist
Job Title: 3 Axis CNC Machinist XYZ
Salary: £9.39 - £11.87 per hour, dependent on experience
Position: 39 Hours Per Week, able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days)
The company has an exciting new opportunity within a long established manufacturing organisation, using a variety of Machining and Fabrication processes to manufacture their products from our modern purpose built facility located in Sutton-in-Ashfield.
The company supply components into the civil and military Aerospace and Defence industry sectors, and have a vision to develop these and wider markets making the working environment fascinating and challenging.
A requirement has now arisen for an experienced 3 Axis CNC Machinist to join the Company.
This position reports directly to the 3 Axis Team Leader, residing within the Manufacturing Supervisor's area of responsibility within the operations team.
- Experience of running XYZ CNC machines.
- Setting and operating machine types (Spindle probing, Datum setting, key characteristics and G, D&T, tool offsetting, program selection/saving).
- Reading 2D engineering drawings.
- Recording productive time on manufacturing systems and managing Route Cards.
- Involvement in team activities such as 5S, TPM, SQDCP board discussions, OEE and other improvement activities.
- Promoting and maintaining a safe work environment and practices.
- Self-inspection of parts produced, resolving Non-Conformance (NCR) issues.
- Experienced use of standard measuring systems and methodologies.
- 39 hour working week with an early finish on Friday (5 hours) on the day shift
- The Ideal candidate will have an academic background if possible with NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires time served on programming / setting & operating 3 Axis machines.
- Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
- Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
- Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
- Night shift allowance payable of £25.00 per night, maximum of 4 nights per week
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Machinist, Fanuc Machine Operator, CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, Cad Cam, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering Solutions, CNC Engineering, Precision Machining, Toolmaker, Manual Machinist, Manual Machining, Manual Mills may also be considered for this role.