JOB TITLE: RETAIL MANAGER
HOURS: 35 HOURS
ACCOUNTABLE TO: GENERAL MANAGER
MAIN ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POST
The Retail Manager post exists to effectively manage and develop the retail operations of Hospice at Home. They will create and develop strategy moving current activities forward to meet the challenges in retail sector both on the high street and through online business.
The Retail Manager will motivate, lead and effectively manage the Retail Team, the Charity’s shops and Warehouse/ Distribution Centre.
2. PERSON SPECIFICATION
See attached person specification.
3. WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
The Retail Manager will be required to work 35 hours per week. This will be done flexibly and reflect the need for occasional evening and weekend work.
The post will be based at Bodfan, Eryri Hospital, Caernarfon.
4. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will:
- Work closely and effectively with the General Manager in all aspects of the role.
- Create strategy for effective practice and development of the Retail Department. Manage the Charity’s retail operations with the clear aim and objective of increasing sales income. Manage the Retail Team motivating and inspiring teams to achieve the standards and targets set. Provide adequate and qualitative reports to the General Manager as required. Manage the allocated budgets analysing income and expenditure working with the Office Manager and her team as required. Manage the Cybertill System (Electronic Point of Sale EPOS) and develop as required. Ensure that retail gift aid collection is developed and achieving set targets.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate administrative systems of work are in place for the Retail Department.
- Manage all retail leases complying with their requirements liaising closely with the landlords ensuring the Charity complies with all statutory legislation. Manage the Charity vans and systems of work complying with statutory requirements.
- Manage health and safety policy for retail activity attending the Health and Safety Committee meetings as required.
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Manager to promote and publicise retail operations through the Charity’s website and social media and by other available media.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator in support of the Volunteer Workforce and retail recruitment requirements.
- Organise and manage in-house and external training for staff and volunteer teams including supervision and appraisal. Work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Manager in the promotion of retail activity providing publicity information for the Charity’s website and other online media. Continually explore opportunities to create more public awareness of the Charity and increase income streams. Reporting any opportunities etc to the General Manager. Carry out other duties assigned by the General Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the Charity at any time after discussion with the post holder.
To apply for this role, please send you CV in via the apply button.