Project Manager - Retail/Property - 12 month contract
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Project Manager - Retail/Property
Location: London based with regular nationwide travel
Salary: circa £40-45,000
Working Hours: The post is a full time post, working 40 hours per week, with a requirement for occasional working weekends
Contract Period: Initially 12 months (Weekend work required)
Although not a household name, our client is the driver behind a number of high-profile retail projects. With an existing portfolio of owned and leased sites they are now undertaking a number of consultancy projects to help others regenerate and grow their businesses.
They are currently looking for an experienced operational project manager to lead on the delivery of a range of consultancy projects. The role will be expected to direct, control and coordinate the consultancy projects in an innovative way that will drive the success of each project, grow the business in the long term and meet the company's P/L assumptions.
The purpose of this job is to oversee the operation of the current business sites and project manage the delivery of the company's retail consultancy projects. The role will also include integration of project management principles/procedures across the company's operational team and playing a role in winning new business projects,
- To oversee and support the Operations Manager in the delivery of the current retail sites
- To lead the project management and delivery of all existing retail consultancy projects - managing the personnel, budget and resources to ensure high standards are achieved in combination with good value for
- Identify new business opportunities and project manage the process of applying/bidding for the contract, with the support of the Executive
- Lead on the project management of development projects, for sites currently owned/operated by the company, to achieve the project
- With the Operations Management Team, review all current sites/projects, and propose/integrate established project management principles throughout the business - planning, sequencing, schedules, budgeting, risk analysis, monitoring, reporting.
- Project manage the 'take over' of new sites to ensure the site efficiently integrates into the company and meet the required policies and procedures, whilst maintaining the required income streams
- With the Executive Director, take responsibility for client facing meetings and development of reports as required under the specific terms of each operating contract (KPI's, business plan reviews, etc)
- Produce monthly operations report for the Executive, reviewing each projects
- Line Management of the Operational team, with an emphasis on a 12 month development plan and widening their experience/skill set
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility and expertise as may be required by the company from time to
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Management experience in an operational multi-site retail role
- Experience of managing projects, overseeing multiple functions and contractors
- Knowledge of project management methodology i.e. Prince 2
- A proven record of achieving PL targets and project deadlines
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- An enthusiastic and innovative approach to generating new business
- The confidence and drive to motivate a team
- Experience of property management/lettings is desirable
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Highly organised with the ability to improve systems of work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial awareness
- Proven interpersonal, networking and partnership working skills.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Property Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Project Supervisor, Regional Business Manager, Area Retail Manager, Retail Manager, Retail Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Regional Coordinator, Retail Director, Area Coordinator, Area Director, Property Project Manager, Retail Sales Manager, People Management, Retail Area Manager, Retail Project Manager, Retail Management, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Retail Coordinator, Retail Strategy Manager will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Project Manager - Retail/Property - 12 month contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly