ASSISTANT RETAIL MANAGER
6 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT RETAIL MANAGER
HOURS: 30 HOURS
SALARY: £9.00 PER HOUR
ACCOUNTABLE TO: RETAIL MANAGER
- MAIN ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POST
To support the Retail Manager in managing the Retail Team in Gwynedd, the Charity’s shops and Distribution Centre and to develop retail operations.
The post holder will be required to promote the profile of the Charity within the local community and assist with the recruitment of volunteers.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
The Assistant Retail Manager will be able to work effectively with the Retail Manager, Shop Team Leaders and the Management Team. They will be motivated and enthusiastic and possess excellent communication skills and will be Welsh speaking where possible.
They will be well organised with an ability to follow planned activities effectively and have an ability to adapt to changing working patterns on a daily basis. They will possess the necessary people skills to support and motivate volunteers. They will have experience of working in a retail environment and have experience of customer care. They will be able to deputise for the Retail Manager as required.
They must be able to work as part of a team as well as working independently in a supervisory role. They will also be required to have their own transport and be able to drive when required.
- WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
The Assistant Retail Manager will be required to work 30 hours per week. This will be done flexibly and reflect the need for occasional evening and weekend work. They will be flexible in times of change. The post will be based at Bodfan, Eryri Hospital, Caernarfon.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Retail Manager will:
- Work closely with the Retail Manager regarding all aspects of their role and responsibilities, including achievement of annual retail targets.
- Programme weekly shop visits to check and maintain standards.
- Work closely with the Shop Team Leaders and Supervisors to help them achieve sales targets.
- Assist with the cover in Charity Shops in the absence of Team Leaders or Supervisors.
- Work with the Retail Manager to develop further services from the distribution centre.
- Work with the Retail Manager to develop a new retail system across the Charity and support all staff in its implementation.
- Assist the Retail Manager with department administration duties as required.
- Assist the Retail Manager to manage all aspects relating to company vehicles including leases, servicing, MOT’s, fuel card management and road tax. Ensure vehicles are checked regularly. Maintain logs of mileage, vehicle use and tyre/water/oil checks carried out.
- Recruit, retain and develop an adequate team of volunteers with the support of the Retail Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist with the training of volunteers and reporting to the Retail Manager regarding support and training requirements.
- Comply with the Charity’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to shop security, trading standards, health & safety regulations and the processing of administration.
- Attend staff meetings and training days as required.
- Present a positive and professional image to both customers and volunteers at all times.
- Actively promote the work of the Charity within the local community.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Retail Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the Charity at any time after discussion with the post holder.
To apply for this role, please send you CV in via the apply button.
Apply for ASSISTANT RETAIL MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly