Competitive Salary, dependant on experience.
Full Time, 40 hours per week
Our client is a Furniture Manufacturer. They offer a vast range of furniture products, many of which are going through a period of re-development and design, so they now require a Design Manager in their R&D department working with Autodesk Inventor. They also create design solutions for their customers’ working environments, and have improved their capabilities in this area by purchasing Autodesk’s Revit software.
Areas of Focus
- Provide design and presentation service for products.
- Action requests for modification to existing products, including drawings, bills of materials and component specifications.
- Liaise with other departments on manufacturing capabilities, changes and sourcing of supplier parts and raw materials.
- Ensure that all designs are cost effective and suitable for production.
- Keep abreast of current design innovations and styles together with relevant international standards.
- Work towards improving departmental systems.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of their clients products and services.
- Manage CAD data using Autodesk Vault software.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Management experience in similar role essential.
- Thorough knowledge of design, materials and construction techniques.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in the use of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software, working with a range of data from multiple sources to create part and assembly models and production drawings.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to work well with Production, R&D, and internal sales staff as well as customers directly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Self motivated, energetic individual who enjoys a challenge.
- Have a high degree of integrity, credibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, a sound working knowledge of design and be proficient in the following: AutoCAD, MS Office.
- Competitive salary - Depending on experience.
- 23 Day’s holiday (plus national bank holidays)
- Nest Pension and DIS.