1 day left
- Full Time
British Gymnastics is the UK Governing Body for gymnastics. We exist to support, lead and inspire all those involved or interested in gymnastics; from the creation of new programmes and activities at grass roots level in the community, to the development of talent producing international gymnasts.
A system administrator is required for all aspects of server and network administration, applicants should have experience in Windows administration including Active Directory, Exchange Online and Office 365 and experience of configuring networks and firewalls. Any exposure to virtualisation, storage management and Linux server administration would be advantageous. Reporting to the IT Manager, the system administrator will also be responsible for purchasing, issuing and maintaining server and user hardware within the organisation and providing 2nd line support for user issues. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful sporting national governing body with exposure to the latest technologies in a close knit IT team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Maintaining the operational and back-up servers and connectivity
- Administering Office 365 and Exchange online
- Monitoring and maintenance of the network infrastructure and firewall
- Configuration of servers both physical and virtual (VMWare)
- Conducting routine checks and maintenance e.g. system and Active Directory administration, monitoring disk space, setting parameters and alerts etc.
- Ensure all colleagues have appropriate and fully functioning IT tools to perform their role (in accordance with line manager instructions/budget).
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate an active interest in current server technologies with the confidence to recommend improvements and new solutions that would benefit the organisation. Good communication skills are required as the role holder will be required to build relationships with external suppliers and build and maintain excellent links with internal departments.
View the original job article on Hiredonline