Support Workers - Make a Difference!!
We have Full Time Permanent positions for Support Workers in liversedge area of Yorkshire. This is an enhanced community residential setting for young adults aged 18+ with fantastic facilities. We provide specialist residential care young people and adults with a range of complex needs including Learning Disabililities and Challenging Behaviours. We have a multi-disciplinary team who provide positive therapeutic and behavioural approaches, to enable our young people to reach their potential.
What does the job of a Support Worker entail?
You will work in our residential setting to build relationships with the young people, working alongside them as one of their key workers. You will learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way. The people we support have complex needs which may include challenging behaviour. You will assist our individuals with daily living skills and taking care of their personal hygiene.
What are the hours & Benefits for the Job of Support Worker?
· Starting at £7.20 to £7.50 per hour depending on experience
· Our Rota includes 5 Shifts on, 2 Shifts off
· We have full time hours available.
· Early Shifts are; 8am till 3pm
· Day Shifts are; 3pm till 10pm
· Late Shifts = 10pm till 8am (with enhanced pay rates)
· Career progression opportunities are there for those wanting to progress to Senior Support Worker or Managerial Level.
What experience do I need to be a Support Worker?
· Ideally support worker experience is preferred, although we would consider the right candidate who had personal experience (not in work).
· A desire to want to make a difference to someone’s life is essential
· A good understanding of what the job involves as the role can be challenging.
· The ability to work in a team.
· We will accept applications from Male or Female applicants.
· Willing to partake in an enhanced DBS check.
Want To Apply? Not sure whether to apply? You have further questions?
Please click on apply and we will discuss the job vacancy in Liversedge with you and answer any questions you may have before progressing your application.