Conveyancer (Plot Sales)
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Conveyancer to join the Plot Sales team based in Taunton. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
As our Conveyancer (Plot Sales) you will be expected to run your own caseload of residential plot sales working closely with colleagues within the team. The role will involve day-to-day responsibility for efficient, accurate and cost-effective progression of all transactions and includes a high standard of liaison and rapport with the clients’ key contact personnel. These transactions will primarily be house and apartment (and shared ownership leasehold) sales progressed on behalf of the firm’s housebuilder and social housing clients.
Conveyancers will immediately enter the 'Foot Anstey Career Framework' to help you build and develop your future skill set, knowledge and experience. The framework has been designed to allow qualified and non-qualified team members to navigate promotion processes, attain rewards and achieve ongoing personal development.
Key responsibilities as our Conveyancer
- Dealing with all aspects of shared ownership plot sale work, including preparing top copy documents for signature and managing a file from exchange to completion. Dealing with staircasing.
- Assume full start-to-finish responsibility for residential plot sale matters, supporting other members of the team and liaising with clients as appropriate.
- Assuming responsibility for the financial management of files, reaching targets including those of a financial nature - for example, billing, chargeable hours recorded and ensuring that bills are paid promptly.
- Meeting targets of a non-financial nature such as those relating to turnaround, quality and accuracy. Identifying opportunities to add value for clients.
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Conveyancer
- You will have at least six months experience in the property industry, ideally in plot sales and dealing with shared ownership matters.
- Excellent clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills together with great attention to detail, including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Excellent IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful.
- Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Conveyancer in our Plot Sales then please click “Apply” today!