Administration Officer / Admin Assistant / Office Assistant
Job Title: Administration Officer (Retention & Attendance)
Location: Manchester, M15
Salary: £17,270.00 per annum, pro-rata. Actual salary is £14,368.00 per annum.
Ref: 30/2016 (please ensure you quote this reference in your application and if emailing please include in the subject line)
Position: Full time post working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm, term time only (0.832FTE). You will however, on occasions, be required to work outside these hours to meet the requirements of the college.
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday 30 November 2016.
The Sixth Form College is located in Hulme, a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is a part of an international network of Catholic schools and colleges.
The Administration Officer will provide a general administrative service for the college administrative function. Alongside this, to provide an efficient and effective service for the monitoring and reporting of student attendance. Supporting Senior Tutors; in identifying students at risk of leaving college; and making contact with students and their parents in relation to attendance and retention issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively participate in and deliver their contribution to the team, covering for other Administration Assistants where appropriate.
- To advise or guide new starters working in the college office on standard information or procedures.
- To provide a range of administrative functions including: answering and distribution of telephone calls, assisting and producing, where applicable, mail merge letters, PowerPoint presentations, inputting data and spreadsheet tasks.
- To work in conjunction with the Senior Tutors / Tutors to identify students at risk of leaving college.
- To support Senior Tutors in contacting identified students and their parents.
- To assist Senior Tutors on reporting to parents.
- To support Senior Tutors and the administration team in the monitoring, collating and reporting of attendance.
- To enter student disciplinary details onto the system and send out related documentation.
- To ensure all details for students leaving college early are entered on to the college database and passed to Connexions for follow up.
- To work closely with and support the Admissions Officer with the full admissions cycle.
- To be conversant with the college database and to operate this when required.
- To prioritise and allocate in the most efficient and effective way, all incoming work and have flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- To assist with the collation/preparation of materials required for college events/ roadshows.
- To assist with evening/weekend activities and functions and other events as required.
- To undertake general office duties when required: filing, operation of franking machine, inputting data, answering and forwarding of telephone calls, reception cover.
- Experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency in working with standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to operate a computerised administrative system / database
- Recent frequent experience of using unit-e and competent at extracting data and running reports as necessary
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- The ability to recognise and appreciate the confidential nature of some work undertaken
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carries out routine liaison to pass on information promptly and accurately to all those who need to know.
- High level of literacy/communication skills
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience that demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on occasions
- In sympathy with the Catholic ethos of the College, including a commitment to co-operation and helpfulness and a concern for the well-being of others
- A willingness to show flexibility in working arrangements in terms of duties and working patterns to meet emergencies and changes circumstances
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act (to be legally employed to work in the UK)
To Apply please click on the APPLY Now link and further information will be sent to you by email.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with experience of; Office Assistant, Administration Manager, Admin Manager, Office Coordinator, Secretary, Executive Assistant, Admin, Administrator, Office Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Administrator Assistant, Office Admin, Support Administrator, Business Administrator, EA will also be considered for this role.