Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer – London Bridge, London - £55-65k plus package
Purpose of role
The successful candidate will be working in a team of developers to build websites for with a range of technologies and for multiple clients. Experience with both Waterfall and Agile software development frameworks is advantageous.
This role requires participation in the full product lifecycle, from design to deployment, to post launch phases including technical support and technical training.Key Technologies
Experience in the following technologies is required:
- Java / Java EE
- JMS (Using queue brokers and listeners )
- Relational Databases like MySQL
- ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Web frameworks like Spring
Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially XML databases such as MarkLogic / eXist etc
- Experience implementing XML / XSLT based solutions
- Integrating websites with 3rd party APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Experience in XForms and Orbeon
- TDD / BDD (e.g. Cucumber)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit , Mockito)
- Continuous Integration
- Source Control (SVN, TFS)
- Release Management using Jenkins
- Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
- Experienced Java developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality web applications according to specification documents / user stories.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Java technology.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.