Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, Bradford
Here at Advanced Supply Chain we have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development / Sales department at our Bradford site. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from 6 UK locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
As our Business Development Manager, you will develop and deliver a commercial strategy that exceeds sales and profitability targets whilst delivering the company goals, building the Advanced Brand and delivering year on year growth.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities as our Business Development Manager
- Deliver a commercial strategy focused on financial growth and customer satisfaction
- Implement commercial practices that deliver and exceeds sales and profitability targets
- Provide tailored solutions with preparation of bespoke quotations and tariffs
- Set direction for the implementation and transition of new business to the key stakeholders
- Manage nominated Key Accounts and achieve new profitable sales growth
- Client retention – identify and present new services to enhance existing client relationships
- Develop and implement leading, consistent prospecting disciplines and activities to ensure that the business- as an on-going healthy prospect pipeline
- Develop and implement sales support approaches that will enhance opportunities to win deals
- Contribute to the development of new and enhanced customer propositions (together with short term incentives) to enhance sales and profitability
- Develop strategic relationships with key service providers and partners
- Reporting and analysing industry trends
- Complete internal reports and activities as agreed by Commercial Manager
To become our Business Development Manager you must have the following skills and experience
- Proven commercial experience
- Ability to share vision, energise others, challenge the status quo and drive change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High quality presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and represent the company in a structured and professional manner
- Sales and negotiation skills
- 3PL, transport, warehousing, VAS knowledge
- Well networked
- Able to contribute to broader business issues
- Good understanding of market content
- Wider logistics knowledge is a bonus
- Experience of working in the retail sector
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Business Development Manager please click ‘apply’ today.