Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Transport Co-ordinator who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Darwen. They are offering the successful Transport Co-ordinator a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Transport Co-ordinator:
- Manage the movements and forward route plans of all vehicles and drivers.
- Leave framework plans for 2 production managers to adhere too.
- Take direct requests from sales / production and plan these into a delivery schedule
- And offering accurate information to then pass to customers
- Book , plan external carriers & haulage via requests from sales/production and own initiative
- If it assists with capacity management.
- Control/oversee the quality of packaging, paperwork trail of all vehicles leaving the company.
- Be responsible for booking in all returning delivery notes and ensuring basic processes are being followed
- Actively chase the production team on behalf of sales to make sure contracts are available for the plans they have made.
- Monitor driver movements throughout the day offering updates and timescale for drops at customer request.
- Monitor driver targets/timescales and overtime.
- Monitor sales costs to make sure transport is priced correctly.
- Obtain prices for sales on request for the purpose of quotation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Transport Co-ordinator:
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Capable using excel
- Good geographical knowledge
- Experience of working in a similar transport environment
Preferred but not required:
- HGV licence
Transport Co-ordinator hours of work: Mon to Thurs. 9.00am – 6.30pm, Fri 09.00am - 3.00pm. 42.50
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service award
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Transport Co-ordinator please click ‘Apply’ now!