Technical Call Vetting Engineer
• Working with the customer, remotely diagnose and rectify fault logged on customer’s equipment to ensure full functionality according to the manufacturers’ specifications.
• Where a remote fix is not possible identify, order and monitor the progress of any parts required by a visiting field service engineer.
• While diagnosing the fault keep the customer informed at all times of the progress of the work.
• Reporting to the customer’s relevant helpdesk, where necessary, in accordance with the escalation procedures of the relevant customer.
• Updating the contact centre computer system at every stage to ensure smooth communication between the company and the customer.
• Completion of all relevant documentation to allow performance reports to be produced in a timely manner to monitor customer service.
• Provide technical support to FSEs and customers on a broad range of IT equipment and peripherals.
What the company is looking for in the successful candidate:
• Candidates must possess pc maintenance experience or relevant qualification.
• Ideally applicants will also possess knowledge of PCs and peripheral devices, mechanical ability would also be an advantage.
• The person must possess the ability to think logically and clearly, able to make decisions and use their own judgement.
• The individual needs to be self-motivated with the ability to organise and prioritise their work in order to meet the customer needs in a timely manner in line with the companies contracted commitments.
• The successful candidate will be flexible, willing to work a rotated shift pattern when required which may include weekend and late shift working to meet the needs of the customer.