Automation Technical Architect - Manager
Role: Automation Technical Architect - Manager
Travel: Occasional where required
Salary: Upto GBP60,000 + benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients' business operations.
The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Technical Architect Manager takes ownership of technology related aspects of RPA implementation as part of a client sales process, mobilization, internal initiative or other special program within Accenture Operations Business Process Outsourcing Organization.
Following Accenture methodologies and industry best practices, this role will be accountable for recommending appropriate technology solutions and delivering architectural and technical solution designs and client proposals. These goals will be achieved leveraging our global network, working together and openly sharing ideas, knowledge and resources.
RPA Solution Architect Manager may be required to manage and/or mentor other architects.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Analyzes client processes, and identifies RPA opportunities
- Recommends RPA approach/strategy
- Leads delivery of detailed solution architecture including software and infrastructure components together with client IT teams and/or internal Accenture infrastructure teams
- Assists Project Manager to ensure smooth delivery of the RPA solution
- Partners with Project Manager during project delivery
- Provides mentoring and guidance to RPA developers
- Develops RPA prototypes and Proofs of Concept
- Creates development standards and promotes modularization and reuse of code
- Contributes to creation of standard approaches and techniques
- May manage a virtual, geographically distributed team of up to 5 RPA architects
- Ensures optimal performance of team members
- Serves as an escalation point in case of performance issues
- Ensures minimal attrition maintaining high job satisfaction and meeting team members' career objectives
- Maintains open, transparent and friendly team atmosphere
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- In depth understanding of RPA concepts and market
- In depth expertise of min. one of market leading RPA platforms e.g. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UI Path
- Min 1 year of RPA development experience
- Deep understanding of technology and architecture concepts
- Infrastructure sizing including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Integration technologies, IT security
- Strong problem solving, analysis, and design skills
- Fluency in English
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience
Travel requirements may vary from project to project and type of assignment. For example, some clients and other travel may be required (approximately 30-60% average through the year with a degree of unpredictability) for client technology mobilizations. Internal programs or management of an investment initiative portfolio may require 10-20% travel
This position is flexible in supporting "work from home". Other flexible work arrangements can be discussed.
What's in it for you?
All of our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions-underpinned by the world's largest delivery network-Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/02/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.