Senior Traffic Planner
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Traffic Planner to join our team in Widnes.
Job Title: Senior Traffic Planner
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 07:30 – 18:00
Salary: Up to £38,000 depending on experience
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Senior Traffic Planner – What’s the role?
- Supervisory role overseeing Widnes planning operation
- Co-ordinate haulage plans for Supply contracts
- To contribute towards the efficient running of the transport fleet
- Build a successful and professional rapport with drivers
- Planning responsibility for a dedicated number of trucks throughout the UK
- Create legal and profitable haulage plans in line with agreed targets / contracts
Senior Traffic Planner - What will I be responsible for?
- Develop and deploy the transport plan ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Ensuring system housekeeping is constantly completed, particularly:
- Develop and control contracted volume haulage plan by liaising with sales and procurement team and distribute clear information to wider planning team
- Ensure regular updates on Mandata ensuring all orders have confirmed arrival/departure times
- Utilise Mandata tracking system to monitor resource
- Monitor and report empty legs
- Ensure daily revenue sheets are updated and reviewed to improve profitability of vehicles
- Check resource availability for the shift
- Monitor driver start/finish and night out locations and highlight repeated issues to Ops
- Review wastage report and speak with drivers escalating to operations any repeat offenders
- Ensure all late deliveries are communicated via customer service
- Ensure vehicles/drivers shifts are fully utilised
- Ensuring there is ongoing verbal communication with the drivers/customers
- Ensuring communication between all internal and external parties are positive and appropriate
- Ensuring there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts, utilising the nightshift handover document
- Managing drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding utilisation, loaded, empty legs
- Understanding and putting into practice communication from Managers regarding:
- Trailer type utilisation
- Monitoring TLC customers
- Populate all trailer numbers in Mandata daily
- Monitor unallocated loads ensuring all work is covered by end of shift
- Maintaining Customer Performance by:
- Building relationships and strong communications with specific customers assigned to you by your planning manager, dealing with any problems that may occur and managing expectations/KPIs
- Deal with out of hours planning issues and highlight to Planning Manager any that can’t be resolved
- Communicating with the department any issues affecting customer performance
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Traffic Planner opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
This Senior Traffic Planner role may be relevant if you have previous experience as a Transport Engineer, Contracts Manager, Bulk Traffic Planner, Transport Manager, Traffic Operator, Senior Traffic/Transport Planner, Fleet Manager, Logistics Co-Ordinator.