We have an excellent opportunity for a Traffic Planner to join our team in Widnes.
Job Title: Traffic Planner
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 07:30 – 18:00
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Traffic Planner – What’s the role?
- To contribute towards the efficient running of the transport fleet
- Build a successful and professional rapport with drivers
- Planning responsibility for a dedicated number of trucks throughout the UK
- Create legal and profitable haulage plans in line with agreed targets / contracts
Traffic Planner - What will I be responsible for?
- Develop and deploy the transport plan ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Ensuring system housekeeping is constantly completed, particularly:
- Ensure regular updates on Mandata ensuring all orders have confirmed arrival/departure times
- Utilise Mandata tracking system to monitor resource
- Monitor and report empty legs
- Ensure daily revenue sheets are updated and reviewed to improve profitability of vehicles
- Check resource availability for the shift
- Monitor driver start/finish and night out locations and highlight repeated issues to Ops
- Review wastage report and speak with drivers escalating to operations any repeat offenders
- Ensure all late deliveries are communicated via customer service
- Ensure vehicles/drivers shifts are fully utilised
- Ensuring there is ongoing verbal communication with the drivers/customers
- Ensuring communication between all internal and external parties are positive and appropriate
- Ensuring there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts, utilising the nightshift handover document
- Managing drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding utilisation, loaded, empty legs
- Understanding and putting into practice communication from Managers regarding:
- Trailer type utilisation
- Monitoring TLC customers
- Populate all trailer numbers in Mandata daily
- Monitor unallocated loads ensuring all work is covered by end of shift
- Maintaining Customer Performance by:
- Building relationships and strong communications with specific customers assigned to you by your planning manager, dealing with any problems that may occur and managing expectations/KPIs
- Deal with out of hours planning issues and highlight to Planning Manager any that can’t be resolved
- Communicating with the department any issues affecting customer performance
To submit your CV for this exciting Traffic Planner opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
This Traffic Planner role may be relevant if you have previous experience as a Transport Engineer, Contracts Manager, Bulk Traffic Planner, Transport Manager, Traffic Operator, Senior Traffic/Transport Planner, Fleet Manager, Logistics Co-Ordinator.