H&S Advisor / Health and Safety Officer - COSHH
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
Location: North Tyneside, NE27
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills and experience
Permanent: Full Time, Day Shift
Closing Date: Friday 9th December 2016
A long established and well respected global print and packaging, e-commerce and supply chain provider with modern production and distribution facilities in the North of England, Scotland and the Midlands.
The company is an international company servicing clients globally, with 7,000 employees around the world in 27 locations. The company is an ambitious, client focused and forward-thinking company, providing their customers with an increasingly wide range of publishing, print and packaging services, across all media platforms.
The company work closely with clients as a strategic partner, helping them optimise and develop the processes critical to their business through our core services of print and packaging, supply chain and e-commerce.
- To lead and maintain the major crisis recovery plan.
- To ensure that legal, statutory and other provisions, governing or affecting health & safety at work are observed and implemented; to produce reports and data on various aspects of work and maintain records.
- To ensure that all the requirements of the BRC standards are met by the management system, and work alongside the Quality & Environment Technician in supporting the requirements of ISO 9001 and 14001, and FSC.
- To advise management of their responsibilities towards employees, contractors, visitors and the public regarding risks to health and safety arising out of work activities, liaising with departments to ensure efficient operation of various health and safety activities.
- To record, investigate, and report all health and safety matters including accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses in accordance with the company's policy and legal requirements.
- On-going collation and analysis of health & safety related KPI data.
- To work with the Finance Director on how best to utilise the H&S annual budget.
- To chair and be a member of the Health & Safety Committee, and represent health & safety in all other meetings concerned with health & safety matters; ensuring communication of decisions to those who will be required to implement or be affected by them.
- To serve as the primary point of contact for all staff and other third parties in the communication and co-ordination of emergencies, crises, and business interruptions.
- To communicate all H&S issues through the team brief and annual reports.
- To be responsible for the risk management activities at UK sites, as contained in the company's Loss Control Guidelines and the Willis Blue Book, reporting to the MD and AB.
- To keep abreast of current trends in H&S practice i.e. legislation, implementing improvements, and advising senior management of its implications.
- To support HR in developing and implementing policies and best practice, for health and safety, quality, environment and welfare standards.
- To work with departmental managers and supervisors to ensure compliance with all health & safety policies and procedures.
- Preparation and delivery of health & safety training programmes for all groups of employees and trainees.
- To support the Production Management Team in the implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Previous experience of working in a Health & Safety role is essential.
- A sound knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001 systems would be desirable.
- Formal Health & Safety Qualifications are essential i.e. IOSH, a NEBOSH certificate would be desirable.
- To be trained in COSHH; or willing to undertake formal training.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; H&S Advisor, SHEQ Officer, Health and Safety Manager, Environment Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health & Safety Officer, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, NEBOSH, NVQ Level 5, QCF Level 7 and membership of IOSH will also be considered for this role.