Job Title: Technical Co-ordinator
Salary: £25,893- £31,777pa
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Childcare vouchers and excellent holidays
Our client is the UK's leading sugar supplier and one of the most efficient manufacturers in Europe. You will find their sugar on supermarket shelves, one of the UK's leading food brands.
They have an excellent career opportunity for a Technical Co-ordinator who will be accountable and responsible for the provision of detailed Product Quality, Environmental and Safety & Health (QESH) information to both internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the management of technical Information databases and corporate specifications. Provide technical support to the QESH team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer generated quality and specification questionnaires with access to external databases as appropriate
- Subject Matter Expert in technical specifications for food products
- Responsibility to coordinate and host third party certifications, associated records and supporting data (Organic, Kosher, Halaal, SAI Global)
- Responsible for Quality and Technical Supplier information for raw materials, packaging and ingredients
- Provision of detailed QESH information to internal and external customers in both verbal and written form including the generation of period KPI data / reports
- Co-ordination of QESH Alerts (food safety, safety moments, tool box talks, etc)
- BMS documentation ownership and approval of documents in related subjects
- Co-ordination QESH audit schedule
- Organisation of QESH meetings (Agendas, organising meetings, minute creation and action management)
- Support corporate emergency planning process
- This role is based at Peterborough and will include UK travel
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and have working knowledge of quality and QESH systems (e.g ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 BRC, HACCP and GMP).
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Technical knowledge and experience of managing product specifications in the food industry
- Knowledge & expertise in managing technical data IT systems for example Business Management Systems, ISO Achiever, SEDEX and Hamilton Grant
- Working knowledge of office activities and KPI data reporting
- Analyse QESH data trends to enable the team to prioritise areas for improvement
- Impacts on customer relationships i.e. determine the suitability of BS products and gain technical approval to supply
- Interprets data and makes technical judgement for day to day operational decisions but may need to refer to Line Manager for more significant decisions that fall outside norm
- Takes responsibility for managing their workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and capable of adapting approach
- Resilient and challenging of self and others
- A strong team player who encourages and supports others
- Effective at building working relationships and quickly establishes credibility
- Demonstrates respect and acts with a high level of integrity
What's in it for you?
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- 21 days holiday (rising to 26 after 1 years' service) + Bank Holidays
- Buy holiday scheme
- Range of flexible benefits
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.