Experienced Estimator / Architectural Metalwork Estimator
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours per week. 12 Noon finish on Friday’s. They are looking to fill this position with a candidate with a degree of flexibility and versatility, and an amount of working from home may be considered from the start for a particularly outstanding and versatile candidate.
Probationary Period: 3 Months.
Holidays: Pro Rata - FTE - 20 days (rising to 25) plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client is a successful company based in Wirksworth, on the edge of the Peak District. Due to an on-going expansion process they are looking to recruit an experienced full time estimator to join this small team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The main purpose of the role is to provide a professional and efficient estimating service for all projects tendered to ensure that contracts are submitted & won on a profitable basis.
- To be a point of contact for external enquiries, and account management of clients.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers/subcontractors and liaison with all as necessary – particularly programme, sales and technical issues.
- Estimating, assessing and evaluating tender projects and preparation of the tender submission to the exact requirements of the client, ensuring the tender is submitted within the deadlines specified.
- You will need to identify and listen carefully to what the customer requires, and on occasion be able to guide the customer and give technical advice when needed throughout the process.
- Hands on analysis of specifications and drawings and preparation of accurate costings/quotations identifying all prices and costs to the company in terms of labour, materials, and other resources, ensuring that competitive and commercially viable prices are submitted in all instances
- To obtain sub-contract and material quotations for elements of projects.
- Developing estimating systems and strategy monitor and report upon submitted tenders and market trends/conditions, preparing reports, and maintaining standard records.
- Build commercial relations and identify new business opportunities
- Helping the company through a growth phase
REPORTING TO: The company owner/managing director.
- Essential - Experience in managing architectural metalwork tenders and quotations to contract stage.
- Desirable - An extensive knowledge of the requirements, standards and fabrication processes of staircases and balustrade. An awareness of most construction industry processes, toughened glass and structural glazing.
- Essential – The successful candidate will be both commercially and contractually knowledgeable. As a proven communicator and facilitator they will be computer literate with Microsoft Office, and have the ability to work on their own initiative and unsupervised. Good negotiating skills will complement their excellent written and verbal communication skills. An ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings is a must.
- Desirable - AutoCAD and/or Solidworks familiarity.
- Essential - Extensive experience in the role of estimator, 3 of which will have been within the architectural metalwork industry.
- Desirable -You will have a solid commercial acumen, and be experienced in delivering quality projects to tight deadlines.
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATION:
- Essential - Good general education, with good levels of basic Maths and English.
- You will hold a full driving licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- Desirable - Good grades in Maths and English at GCSE standard.
- HND (or equivalent) in Fabrication/welding
- Essential - You will be a great communicator at all levels, always pro-active and committed, with a professional, friendly manner and an ability to portray expertise in the role. A confident and skilled presenter and negotiator, you will be good at identifying and creating opportunities with both new and existing clients. Cool in a crisis, you will have a calm and imaginative approach to problem solving and an ability to be a fast learner.
- You are driven, setting high standards for yourself and others, and pay great attention to detail with a strong sense of aesthetics.
- Desirable - As a flexible and ambitious individual, you are looking to build an opportunity within a challenging work environment.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Estimator, Project Estimator, Senior Estimator, Experienced Estimator, Contracts Manager, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Architectural Metalwork, Construction Estimator, Fabrication Estimator, Welding Estimator may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Experienced Estimator / Architectural Metalwork Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly