Senior General Accountant
Senior General Accountant
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
£40,000 to £45,000
B/E Aerospace, in Leighton Buzzard, is the sole supplier of galleys and trolley compartments for the Airbus A350. Our business is rapidly expanding and ramping up as the new aircraft enters production and with the impact of this programme alone means that production rates will increase from typically one ship-set per month to 13 per month. This will be sustained for at least the next ten years, with further programmes expecting to be added to the portfolio. If you want to be part of a major strategic programme, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Shared Service Finance Manager, the Senior General Accountant will provide accounting support for the Leighton Buzzard based businesses, plus the Dubai Facility. In addition, job holder will deputise for the Shared Service Finance Manager in their absence, and provide direction to other members of the team, as required.
Nature of work for the Senior General Accountant:
- Provision of General Accounting support across the Leighton Buzzard site.
- Deputise for Shared Service Finance Manager when required, and be able to provide direction to other team members.
The role will focus on a selection of the following areas, with scope for specific areas of responsibility to rotate between the three General Accountant roles in the team:
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns
- Provision of support on Duty queries
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution and correction of any issues identified
- Fixed asset accounting – including system submission of Capital Expenditure Requests, and monitoring spend against authorised limits
- Review and posting of credit card expenditure
- Control of petty cash
- Expense reporting
- Preparation and submission of EC sales list and NSO returns
- Posting of entries prepared by 3rd party accounting firms for small overseas entities; and maintenance of the internal ledger for these entities
- Calculation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments
- PO / AP / AR query resolution
- Preparation and processing of credit notes
- Calculation and posting of stock obsolescence provision
- Processing of inter-co recharges
- Preparation of monthly inter-co account reconciliations, including query investigation and resolution
- Preparation and submission of monthly Intrastat return
What you need in becoming the successful Senior General Accountant:
- Qualified ACCA / CIMA/ AAT would be preferred.
- Experience of working within a busy accounts function within a medium sized commercial organization
- Ability to use an accounting software package, such as JDE
- Experience of Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel
- Cashback Healthcare Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + BH
If you meet the above criteria then please apply now!