Senior User Researcher
New opportunity not to be missed! SFW have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior User Researcher to join the team based in Woking, Surrey. Working 37.5 hours per week on a permanent basis, the successful Senior User Researcher will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience + benefits.
We are design-driven. That means solving our clients’ most difficult digital challenges by meeting user needs and delighting them with great experiences. We focus on how people actually use and experience online services and applications, and extend a user focus to everything we do.
We are a part of Civica, a market leader in business-critical software applications, digital solutions and outsourcing services which help teams and organisations around the world to transform the way they work. Drawing on a unique combination of people, technology and business process expertise, Civica supplies more than 2,000 major organisations in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada and the USA.
Our revenues are growing steadily and we’re acutely aware of managing that growth to retain our open and collaborative culture. We have strong values as an organisation, not least our commitment to staff welfare. We take a great deal of care to recruit people who share those values.
Senior User Researcher Job Purpose:
User Researchers are key figures in our Agile teams, generating the feedback and insight needed to build a clear picture of service users, their needs, and deliver user-centred solutions that meet these needs. You will translate insight into features and actions, working closely with the wider Agile delivery team to iteratively improve our services for users. This is an externally facing role and you will get direct, hands-on experience with some of the best known names in business and government.
As a Senior User Researcher you will:
- Have an array of techniques at your fingertips to plan and conduct insightful and exciting user research sessions based on actionable research plans and objectives
- Analyse the results from a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. surveys, interviews, focus groups, guerrilla, usability testing) will grow your existing analytical and problem solving skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively with the project team, including designers and developers to ensure your user’s vision is shared and user data is turned into actionable product / service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Your previous leadership experience is required in building the user research capability of SFW, promoting user-centred design principles and best practice within the company
- Using your strong communication skills, you will be presenting findings and related design / business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Use your in-depth knowledge and experience to work with our sales team, contributing to bids and presentations
The ideal candidate will have a good academic background with at least 2.1 (equivalent alternative qualifications will be considered) or relevant experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience needed as our Senior User Researcher:
- Previous experience of working with Government Digital Service
- Previous experience in Service Design
- Previous experience in a services organisation
- Qualification or relevant experience in a related field such as: Usability / Market Research / Social Research / Psychology / HCI
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
- Experience of working with web analytics
- Up-to-date understanding of what makes for good web design
Successful candidates will be subject to BPSS checks. Depending on the role undertaken, further National Vetting checks may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an organisation that is committed to staff welfare and employee relations.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior User Researcher don’t miss out – click ‘Apply’ now!