Media Sales Co-ordinator
We are seeking a motivated and driven individual to coordinate and drive media sales including Freshers’ Fairs, print and digital media, on-site activity, and sponsorship of activities and events.
This role could fit perfectly around other responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop advertising and sponsorship packages to meet client and Union requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of clients and actively source new clients.
- Manage and maintain excellent working relationships with all clients, including third party advertising agents.
- Take the lead in developing a short and medium to long-term sales strategy.
- Coordinate and drive the sale of stalls to customers at the Freshers Fairs and Refreshers Fairs, and organise actual events.
- Coordinate and drive the sale of opportunities for clients to promote themselves through all available mediums including print, digital, onsite stalls opportunities.
- Work with your line manager on negotiating annual nightclub promotion deals.
- Attract sponsorship for student events and activities including Varsity, Sports Teams, Societies, Events in the Bar, Summer Ball, Teaching Awards (AAB) etc.
- Continually source new and innovative commercial opportunities to increase revenue for the Students’ Union including creating events which engage our members, create a focus on campus and enable us to generate income from external clients.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all planned and prior marketing activity and payment status.
- Liaise with the relevant staff and departments to ensure all advertising complies with specified printing schedules, technical specs and deadlines for Students’ Union publications and promotional activities.
- Gather evidence of all marketing activity in order to show clients that we have fulfilled our contractual agreements for each activity.
- Liaise with relevant staff and departments to ensure any proposed marketing or activity does not conflict with any existing marketing, activity, products or policies etc.