Payroll Officer, in a Payroll Bureau
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a successful firm of Chartered Accountants based in Bromsgrove for an experienced Payroll Officer to join a busy bureau team processing weekly and monthly payroll on behalf of multiple clients.
Your duties in this broad ranging role will include:
- Using SAGE payroll to process weekly, fortnightly, four weekly and monthly payroll runs, for clients with anything up to 50+ employees
- Processing starters and leavers under RTI regulations
- Completing various forms required by HMRC
- Administering SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP schemes and maintaining all required data
- Administering Auto Enrolment procedures
- Administering attachment of earnings orders and advising clients of the payments due to the relevant authority
- Processing year end procedures, following RTI regulations and producing P60s for employees
- Providing advice to clients in relation to pay, taxation and National Insurance issues
- Resolving queries and keeping the Payroll Manager briefed on any significant client issues or unresolved matters
- Obtaining information from clients and processing monthly CIS returns (training can be provided for this to the candidate with appropriate other experience)
This role would suit an experienced Payroll Officer, ideally with bureau experience, though consideration will be given to candidates with strong experience working in other high volume finance environments. Key to your success in this role will be your technical payroll ability, your ability to work effectively as part of a coherent and high performing team, and your ability to manage multiple deadlines.
The position is available full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time (25+ hours per week), salary will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Parking nearby is provided free of charge.