Chichester College have an opportunity for an Examinations Co-ordinator to join the team at our Chichester Campus on a full time, permanent basis. The successful Examinations Co-ordinator will receive a salary of £26,197 - £28,635 per annum.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
Chichester College is recruiting for a highly motivated Examinations Co-ordinator to manage all aspects of internal and external examinations at the College, including ensuring that the Awarding Organisation, JCQ and other relevant regulations are adhered to at all time.
This is an important and challenging role which sits in the centre of the academic processes of the College and involves close interaction with students, senior staff, and a team of Invigilators. You will have a good eye for detail and work efficiently with the Head of Information & Funding to provide an outstanding service to our customers.
Responsibilities of our Examinations Co-ordinator:
- To lead and manage the Examinations team in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- To provide expert knowledge on examinations arrangements to College managers and staff.
- To manage the examinations process across College.
- To ensure that staff are aware of the timetables for registration and entry and that students are registered with awarding bodies and entered for the appropriate examination.
- To ensure the full implementation of College policy on the collection and payment of examination entry and registration fees.
- To action all requests for examination support for learners in accordance with board and College guidelines.
- To develop and expand the use of the Management Information System for examination administration and management.
- Ensuring that all records are maintained accurately within the deadlines set and in accordance with internal requirements and those of external bodies.
- Liaising with the Funding Supervisor and the Student Records Team Supervisor to ensure that all students are properly registered with awarding bodies and entered for the relevant examinations and that evidence of subsequent achievements is received and properly recorded.
- To deputise for the Head of Information & Funding as required.
Skills & Experience required of our Examinations Co-ordinator:
- Educated to A-Level/NVQ 3 standard or equivalent
- Management of staff
- Examination administration
- Dealing with confidential data
- Examination board administration
- Of spreadsheet and word-processing software, preferably Microsoft Office
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 1 December 2016
Interview date: 15 December 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Examinations Co-ordinator role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.