Area Sales Engineer
HPC have an exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Engineer to join our team in Birmingham. The role will be a full time, permanent position. Working a 37 hour week, Monday to Friday, this position offers a highly competitive salary package, company car and performance related bonus.
HPC Compressed Air Systems is recognised as the gold standard in the compressed air industry supplying innovative, energy efficient air compression / air treatment products and system solutions to leading manufacturers.
Area Sales Engineer – Role Overview
The Area Sales Engineer joining our team in Birmingham will be operating out of a busy regional centre primarily covering the West Midlands area. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for winning new business and will be actively involved in locating and developing new customers. In addition, you will have the opportunity to actively account manage existing customers.
Our ideal Area Sales Engineer will have the following attributes:
- Experience selling industrial equipment or a similar technical product.
- An understanding of how to develop new and account manage existing customers.
- The ability to understand the technical complexities of the company’s products and explain their benefits.
- The ability to sell products and support contracts to new and existing clients.
- The energy and enthusiasm to go out and develop new business, building relationships with companies, OEM and driving growth.
Experience in the sale of industrial air compressors would be an advantage however we will consider applications from people with transferable skills and relevant experience. The job will involve a significant amount of travelling to client sites and is not a traditional office based sales role.
Key skills for this role include:
- Knowledge of West Midlands customers
- Ability to find and get through the door of potential customers
- Ability to record and use sales information effectively
- Ability to discuss technical issues knowledgeably
- Ability to sell and close deals
- Ability to actively account manage existing customer relationship.
- Ability to work unassisted when required
- Confidence to make decisions
- Willingness to learn new things
You must have previous Compressed Air experience for this role.
What we can offer you in return as our Area Sales Engineer
Company benefits include a pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, company sick pay, and private healthcare after a qualifying period.
If you have the relevant skills and experience required to become our new Area Sales Engineer, then please click ‘Apply’ today, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for Area Sales Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly