Apprentice Teaching Assistant - St Lawrence C E School
To provide support in the classroom under the direction of the class teacher. Duties include lesson preparation and working with small groups of pupils or individuals during lessons, assessing children’s progress during a prepared activity and working as a playground supervisor during lunch breaks and playtimes.
As an apprentice, you will work under the close supervision of a class teacher. Your duties will include:
• Working with groups of pupils and with individuals
• Setting up resources for lessons
• Admin tasks
• Encouraging active play in the EYFS setting
• Developing role play and art and craft areas
• Evaluating learning throughout the day and reporting this to the teacher
• Assisting colleagues with playground and dinner duties
You will work both alongside the teacher to support classroom activities, and alone with individuals or groups of students.
Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills
GCSE English and Maths
Confidence, good communication skills, approachable, friendly, ability to relate well to young children
Progression to Level 3, Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Teaching Career