7 days left
- Full Time
Jubilee House has a unique opportunity for a passionate and experienced Deputy Manager - Supported Living to join our team based in Welwyn Garden City.
Jubilee House Care Trust is a charity with nearly 40 years’ experience providing personalised support and care to people with learning disabilities. We work with both local authorities and direct payment families. Our high quality services and facilities are designed to maximise opportunities and enable individuals or service users to live the life they choose.
The purpose of the Deputy Manager job is to assist and deputise for the Registered Manager in managing the day to day running of social care services, lead motivate and manage the team. Work directly with the people we support to meet the expectations of the organisation and our tenants.
What are the responsibilities of the Deputy Manager?
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality Service designed to meet the individual needs and preferences of each tenant.
- Manage support staff and ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills, through training, Supervision, and other support.
- To communicate effectively within a team setting and at all other levels within the business.
- Participate in the delivery and monitoring of a service which takes into account all of the day-to-day operational requirements, as well as quality monitoring.
- Represent the Registered Manager and be responsible in their absence for carrying out any delegated tasks
- Ensuring all new tenants have accurate, well informed support plans, risk assessments and supporting documentation, gained by effective liaison with tenants, and all other relevant parties.
- Monitor documentation to ensure all records are up- to- date and in line with the individuals’ needs and company policy.
- Promote positive experience of supported living services by enabling tenants to participate in a range of learning and social activities.
- Work directly with tenants on a regular basis, to uphold positive professional relationships.
- Promote the services to potential new clients both within and outside Hertfordshire.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
- To participate in the monitoring and maintenance of current records.
- To represent the organisation and the service in both internal and external meetings.
- To be responsible for delegated finance tasks.
What skills do I need to have to become a Deputy Manager?
- Ideally a related Degree or a minimum of QCF (NVQ) Level 4 qualification
- The ability to work in a flexible and creative way, changing course and direction as necessary, in order to meet the needs of our service users.
- The experience in chairing and leading meetings
- To have had experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders
- To have the necessary skills for developing in-house staff training programmes, to meet the individual needs of our service users.
- To have worked in a supervisory position within a care setting.
- To have had experience in the recruitment of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an expanding team as our Deputy Manager.
Jubilee House is a progressive and developing organisation and this job description is subject to review on a regular basis.
Apply for Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly