Are you a Graduate?
Are you looking for work in the Education industry?
Are you a School Teaching assistant or secondary school support staff looking to make a difference or take on full class responsibility and a new challenge
Is a career as a Cover Supervisor for you?
Randstad Education are looking to recruit a cover supervisor to work across a cluster of secondary schools in Blackburn area from January 2017.
Your role is to:
- Supervise classes of 11-16 year olds in the absence of their usual class teacher.
- Manage behaviour in line with school policy.
- Deliver lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher.
- Leave completed work and observation notes for the class teacher.
- Have experience of and a genuine passion for working with teenagers.
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills and a general knowledge of the secondary curriculum.
- Have an understanding of SEN and inclusion.
- Be able to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Be organized, calm in a crisis and able to think on your feet.
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable.
You will have a minimum of 3 months of experience of working with teenagers in the UK and be able to provide referee details to confirm this experience.
We welcome applications from people with the following experience -
* Teaching assistant/learning mentor/cover supervisor in primary, secondary and special needs schools
* Coordinating workshops (such as drama, art, outdoor workshops etc)
* Sports coaching
* Working with children as part of church/community/mosque groups
* Working in after school clubs/ breakfast clubs/ holiday club
* Working as a carer in a children's home
* Youth Worker or volunteering in youth clubs
For more information about this position please apply online now!
Apply for Cover Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly