Are you an experienced Management Accountant with advanced Excel skills who would thrive working as part of a busy finance team within a refreshing business culture? Heap & Partners are experiencing sustained business growth and have created a new role for a focused accounting professional to join the finance team based at the head office in Birkenhead.
Celebrating their 150th year in business this year, Heap & Partners are an award-winning manufacturing business supplying customers worldwide with high quality process and instrumentation valves and ancillary equipment. The business operates from three UK offices with superb working environments and a culture that is refreshing and very rewarding with a strong ethos for team work and giving back. This support extends into the local community through a company sponsored volunteering program, amongst many other fantastic company initiatives.
Reporting to the Financial Director, as a Management Accountant you’ll prepare the monthly management accounts and take a pro-active approach to improve accounting processes within the company. Your responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Managing cash flow and producing forecasts
- Completing reconciliations and reviewing the balance sheet
- Monitoring capital expenditure and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Recording opening and closing stock
- Maintaining data on Excel spreadsheets
- Reporting from Sage and analysing data
- Attending and presenting at management meetings
- Assisting and supporting junior staff as required
- Reviewing and identifying areas for accounting process improvements
To be considered for this Management Accountant role you MUST have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience gained within management accounts
- Preferably qualified or part qualified CIMA, although applicants with an ACCA or ACA qualification (or equivalent) will be considered
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Accurate and timely data entry skills
- Strong professional communication skills
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Team player with a flexible and can do attitude
Working knowledge of Sage 200 is preferred although not essential.
In return as the successfully appointed Management Accountant you’ll be part of a well-established and growing business within a supportive team culture and receive:
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Other benefits: 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, 6 days paid volunteering time per year, free onsite gym, cycle scheme to enable employees to buy bicycles tax free for commuting, free onsite parking and option to join pension scheme with up to 4% matched employer contribution.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4pm
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral
This Management Accountant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Heap & Partners. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Heap & Partners, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Heap & Partners requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly