RECEPTIONIST VACANCY at LIVERPOOL SCIENCE PARK
Term: One year fixed contract with a view to a permanent position
Hours of work: Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays between 09:00 – 17:30 with one hour unpaid lunch break (flexibility maybe required)
Salary: £16,000 per annum on a pro-rata basis
Our Receptionists are our front line. They are not only responsible for the smooth running of the reception but also play a crucial role in supporting the Operations Team to deliver outstanding tenant services across three buildings.
- Greeting visitors and maintaining visitor records.
- Managing and screening telephone calls.
- Fielding enquiries and being the first point of contact for tenant company enquiries or complaints; representing the Liverpool Science Park Team; following up with the relevant member of staff and feeding back to the tenant.
- Managing the postal system on behalf of tenants.
- Issuing information bulletins via email to the tenant base on behalf of the management team as directed.
- Issuing tenant portal credentials and updating forums with job vacancies/items for sale, etc.
- Security: to maintain access control system, creating and managing fobs, monitoring the CCTV system and car park.
- Facilities co-ordination: to work with the Facilities Assistants with facility management and office configurations for new tenants and dilapidations for those vacating the premises; organising keys/fobs/contractors and other duties as directed by the management team.
- Maintaining the reception and break out spaces to high standards.
- Communicating with the operations team to order stock and arrange contractor visits.
- Using Microsoft Office to produce spreadsheets, written documents, email, manage calendars, using search engines to find suitable suppliers and quotes.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and be committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Have excellent organisational skills, be able to manage their own workload as well as work well as part of a small but growing team.
- Have strong IT skills and a willingness to work within technical areas.
- Have excellent literacy and good mathematical ability.
- Be willing to learn new skills and undertake training where necessary in IT and other areas of facility management appropriate to the role.
- Be accommodating of the requirement to work outside business hours on an ad-hoc and rotational basis in line with certain events in the company calendar.
About Liverpool Science Park
Liverpool Science Park (LSP) is owned by Liverpool City Council, Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Liverpool. As an urban science park, situated at the heart of a vibrant city, tenants benefit from being within walking distance to many of Liverpool’s strategic knowledge assets.
Being located within the city’s flourishing Knowledge Quarter offers innovative businesses the perfect environment to grow and flourish alongside like-minded organisations.
Liverpool Science Park has two buildings, Innovation Centre 1 (ic1) and Innovation Centre 2 (ic2) offering 120,000 sq ft of high-specification grade A accommodation and laboratory space. The new wing of ic1 opened in 2014 and comprises 40,000 sq ft of commercial laboratory and office space. This state of the art building supports Liverpool’s growing demand for purpose-built office and commercial laboratory space to accommodate the city region’s knowledge-based businesses.