KS2 Primary Supply Teacher - Worthing
KS2 Primary Supply Teacher (Part-time)
Worthing , West Sussex
£110 per day
To start at the end of November 2016
Are you an experienced Key Stage 2 Teacher with a strong character? Are you seeking day to day or long-term supply teaching work in the Worthing area? Would you describe yourself as dedicated, caring and motivating? If the answer to these questions is "Yes" then please carry on reading...
Our school a medium sized 2 form entry primary school located in central Worthing is seeking an experienced Primary KS2 supply cover Teacher with QTS required for a part-time role starting in November 2016. NQT's with experience of teaching KS2 classes will also be considered if they have taught Years 5 and 6.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- 3 days a week, part-time teaching across KS2 year groups (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday).
- You will be expected to carry out pre-planned lessons and mark children's work daily.
- Pupil assessment.
- Attend and contribute to Parent evenings if required.
- Be extremely organised and dedicated to driving and achieving pupil development.
- Help with after-school clubs if required.
About this primary setting:
- Currently 292 mixed pupils on roll.
- Classes divided into 3 x Years 3/4 and 3 x Years 5/6.
- The school aims to provide a curriculum which fosters active learning, autonomy and choice.
- Spacious classrooms each with interactive whiteboards.
- Committed to ensuring children are well behaved and motivated to achieve.
- Friendly staff with a warm atmosphere.
- Core values of Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship, Honesty, Positivity and Respect.
- Robust behavioural management structure.
- The school has a larger than average outdoor playground and also situated to nearby sports fields.
- Graded 'Good' at latest Ofsted inspection.
- Onsite teacher parking.
- Achievement levels in KS2 Maths and English are just below UK average and require further improvement.
- Pupil engagement levels during lessons are high.
- Pupils enjoy school and feel valued.
- Children settle quickly into the routines of school. They get on well together and share and take turns. They cooperate and listen to each other. They behave well and feel safe in school.
Requirements for applicants will include:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), NQT or Overseas Qualified Teachers.
- PGCE or Degree qualification.
- Up- to-date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Relevant recent teaching experience.
- Own transport could be an advantage but not essential.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Refer a teacher and receive £300 of high street shopping vouchers once that teacher completes 30 days work for Randstad.
So if you feel you have the skills and the attitude required to become a regular supply teacher then apply today!