Chemistry Teacher - January Start
Crawley - 2 Term Contract
Part Time (2 Days per week) - Paid to Scale
Full Teacher Responsibilities
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Chemistry to start in January 2017 on a part time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining a very good and aspirational Science department, and a School that is characterised by the ambition and desire transform 'good' into 'great'.
We require an excellent classroom practitioner, with the enthusiasm; skill and ability to make a positive contribution to this motivated and successful team. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching across the 11 -18 range and must have the ability to teach all sciences to GCSE and able to teach Chemistry Post 16.
This is an excellent Church of England Voluntary Aided 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. The post offered is an unmissable opportunity for candidates wishing to make a positive impact on student and team progress and who are able to provide innovative ideas to achieve this goal. Whilst we are seeking a candidate who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a faith school, the applicant does not have to be a practising Christian.
'Achievement is strong in many subjects, with over half of A-level grades at A*/A in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The great majority of subjects had a 100% pass rate, resulting in most students going on to university.' Ofsted November 2014
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for Science and the ability to share this with young people
- The ability to teach all sciences up to GCSE
- The ability to teach Chemistry to AS / A2 level
The school will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school.
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
- A comprehensive induction program, including structured support for NQTs.
- On-site parking available
- Short walk from mainline train station
- Brilliant and modern classroom resources including interactive whiteboards
- Access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training/courses
- Supportive and available senior leadership team
- Providing engaging and interactive lessons
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Planning and preparing all subjects within the current national curriculum
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, working at a successful school, don't hesitate, apply today.
Do you know any teachers who are looking for work? We offer a Recommend a Teacher Scheme where we will pay you £300 worth of vouchers for each teacher you recommend once they have worked a short qualifying period.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks
Apply for Chemistry Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly