Chemistry Teacher - January Start
Crawley - 2 Term Contract
Part Time (2 Days per week) - Paid to Scale
Full Teacher Responsibilities
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Chemistry to start in January 2017 on a part time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining a very good and aspirational Science department, and a School that is characterised by the ambition and desire transform 'good' into 'great'.
We require an excellent classroom practitioner, with the enthusiasm; skill and ability to make a positive contribution to this motivated and successful team. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching across the 11 -18 range and must have the ability to teach all sciences to GCSE and able to teach Chemistry Post 16.
This is an excellent Church of England Voluntary Aided 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. The post offered is an unmissable opportunity for candidates wishing to make a positive impact on student and team progress and who are able to provide innovative ideas to achieve this goal. Whilst we are seeking a candidate who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a faith school, the applicant does not have to be a practising Christian.
'Achievement is strong in many subjects, with over half of A-level grades at A*/A in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The great majority of subjects had a 100% pass rate, resulting in most students going on to university.' Ofsted November 2014
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for Science and the ability to share this with young people
- The ability to teach all sciences up to GCSE
- The ability to teach Chemistry to AS / A2 level
The school will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school.
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
- A comprehensive induction program, including structured support for NQTs.
- On-site parking available
- Short walk from mainline train station
- Brilliant and modern classroom resources including interactive whiteboards
- Access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training/courses
- Supportive and available senior leadership team
- Providing engaging and interactive lessons
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Planning and preparing all subjects within the current national curriculum
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, working at a successful school, don't hesitate, apply today.
Do you know any teachers who are looking for work? We offer a Recommend a Teacher Scheme where we will pay you £300 worth of vouchers for each teacher you recommend once they have worked a short qualifying period.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks