Senior Service Assistant Full time
Senior Service Assistant Full time - £14,188
Want to come to work with an amazing bunch of inspirational people?
How about working hard with volunteers to make a real difference to the lives of older people in your community?
And at a place where your skills, strengths and enthusiasm will be recognised, rewarded and appreciated?
We're Royal Voluntary Service and we love helping older people to stay happy, healthy and independent.
We think growing older is something to celebrate and by unleashing the power of volunteering we're providing practical, everyday support to older people in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Here's where you come in:
- You've got a genuine passion for supporting older people and a real interest in their wellbeing.
- You love working as part of a team of inspirational people who go above and beyond the call of duty.
- You're pro-active in everything you do and not afraid to roll your sleeves up and pitch in.
- You're committed to learning and improving. We love new ideas, and making our service the best it can be for the people we help is all part of the job.
- You're a born problem-solver, and you don't quit until you find the right outcome. You're outgoing, flexible and happy to work independently.
- You've got a valid UK driving license and access to your own car.
- We'd love it if you have experience of working with older people and volunteers.
- As a Senior Service Assistant, you'll be working with us and our amazing volunteers to make a real impact.
Your typical day might include:
- Supporting the recruitment of volunteers and contributing with new ideas.
- Keeping all of the paperwork and digital records accurate and up-to-date
- Researching other local organisations and connecting people with the support services that are right for them
- Organising for volunteer drivers to help our service users get out to appointments, or to the shops
- Matching and introducing volunteers and older people for befriending visits
- Helping to plan and hold events to raise awareness of our work
- Interviewing and supporting the training of volunteers
If this sounds like you, then please email by clicking the apply button to ask for an application form and role description (sorry, no CVs), quoting job reference. J2802
This is a fixed term post until 31/03/2017
Please note that if you're successful you'll need to undertake a DBS check