PHP Developer / Software Engineer / Web Developer
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: PHP Developer
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Salary: Competitive salary (negotiable) + benefits
Enthusiastic PHP developer required for a fast growing and technically driven digital marketing agency. The role, which is based in the Shrewsbury office, entails development of the company's client's flagship platform and related technologies. With partnerships with key players in paid and natural search, display and paid social, the successful candidate will be a key part of an evolving development team that is producing and managing suite of tools to manage, support and enhance high profile internet marketing campaigns.
This is primarily a PHP development role, involving extensive interaction with third party services and partners, so knowledge of consuming and creating RESTful APIs is also advantageous.
There will also be opportunities for developing junior team members in the future as the team grows as well as project management through liaising with external resource to ensure tasks are completed on time.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with the ability to think laterally is a must for this role.
- Working directly with the Senior Developer to build components for the company's Control Platform in object oriented PHP - Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Providing essential maintenance to the platform and providing support for the users of it.
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes.
- Project manage external resource.
- Management of junior members of staff to ensure their further development as well as ensuring the team objectives are met.
- Assists in defining software architectures
- Explains progress on the development effort
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Collaboration with leads to explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, and learn the applications capabilities
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to software architecture or new technologies
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
To apply for the role of PHP Developer you should have the following skills and experiences:
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- 2-3 years' experience in PHP Development
- Familiarity of Object Oriented PHP, common design patterns and modern frameworks (on both server and client sides).
- Excellent levels of communication
- Proactive approach to work with a high level of enthusiasm for web development - we're always keen to learn new things and discover better ways of solving problems.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Ability to build standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3 front end code.
- Unit testing experience.
- Knowledge and experience of the following products/languages: MySQL, Memcached, Apache, Nginx, python
- Experience with consuming and implementing third party web services and tools - in particular: Amazon Web Services, Google Analytics, Bing Ads & Google Adwords APIs
Please be aware that only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position. Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for PHP Developer / Software Engineer / Web Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly